|NovAqua Plus provides multiple protective colloid coatings on the fish's body to replace or reinforce the natural slime coating that is essential to counteract injury, infection, and adverse environmental exposure. These organic polymers effectively shield wounds on fish, prevent the loss of internal fluids and electrolytes, and protect fish from external toxins and pathogens. ...|
| Novaqua Plus Aquarium Water Treatment
NovAqua Plus is the most effective of the tap water conditioners for benefiting aquatic life. NovAqua Plus is a unique liquid combination of electrolytes, inorganic salts, buffering system, reducing agents (dechlorinators), synthetic polymers, vitamins, product stabilizers, Edetates for heavy metals removal, and organic herbal extracts containing polysaccharides, alkylamides, and phenolics -- all of which variously produce highly desirable results in freshwater and marine systems for keeping fishes, invertebrates and plants alive and healthy. |
The skin of fishes and many aquatic invertebrates is naturally fragile. It is covered by a protective slime coating that helps keep harmful bacteria and viruses away and aids the animals in their swimming ability by reducing surface friction. Any lessening of the slime coating, such as by abrasion and wounds can allow harmful pathogens to enter the skin. Fishes and invertebrates can sense when their slime coating is lessened or missing, and this can be very stressful to them. Fish being introduced to aquariums or ponds, or being transported, are particularly prone to losing natural slime and needing slime replacement.
NovAqua Plus neutralizes chlorine and the full toxic effect of chloramines
- Chlorine is used in just about all municipal water supplies, for which the US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency recommends up to 4 ppm chlorine.
- Chloramines in municipal water supplies are a very serious problem for aquarists and pond keepers. Chloramines are a combination of chlorine and ammonia that together make a chemical compound that is much more stable and highly toxic to viruses and bacteria than either is alone. Chloramines are also very toxic to fishes and aquatic invertebrates.
- Over 50% of all municipalities in the U.S. now have chloramines added to the water supply, and the number rises every month. The American Water Works Association now strongly recommends that municipal water suppliers add chloramines to their water supply, because of increasing amounts of pathogens in water sources due to water pollution. Chloramines are lethal to all water-breathng aquatic animals. It is becoming essential that aquarists and pond keepers use a chloramine remover in all water that they take from the tap for their fishes and aquatic invertebrates.
- NovAqua Plus breaks the chloramines apart, exposing the chlorine. In whatever form, NovAqua Plus neutralizes up to 6.0 ppm of chlorine (free and combined as chloramines), over twice the amount that regular NovAqua removes. What NovAqua Plus does not do is take out the ammonia that comes in the chloramines. This should be done by using Kordon's AmQuel Plus (or original AmQuel) with NovAqua Plus.
- EPA Guidelines set a maximum allowed level of chlorine of 4 ppm in public water supplies. Most water suppliers target 2-3 ppm chlorine. Note that 4 ppm of chlorine is actually about 5.8 ppm chloramine. (The chlorine is 69% of the chloramine molecule, ammonia is the other 31%). So, with a possible 5.8 ppm chloramine, there is 4 ppm chlorine, and 1.8 ppm ammonia. At the extreme 4 ppm level of chlorine in chloramine, a 1.5 standard dose of NovAqua Plus is recommended. Check with your local public water utility for the level of chlorine that they are adding to tap water.
NovAqua Plus buffers tap water. When tap water is used, it comes out of the tap greatly reduced in oxygen. When tap water that is low or devoid of oxygen comes in contact with the air, its pH fluctuates rapidly while it is picking up oxygen and carbon dioxide. If tap water is added directly to the aquarium in which fishes and aquatic invertebrates are living, the fluctuations in pH can be very stressful, and may be lethal. NovAqua Plus contains a high capacity buffering system that stops pH fluctuations in the water, stabilizes acidity/alkalinity to avoid pH shock, and allows fish to adapt safely to new environments. When the pH is balanced by NovAqua Plus, the water will be at its natural pH level, whatever that is. when the pH needs to be balanced, such as a pH of 7.0 for fresh water (neutral pH), or 8.2-8.3 for salt water, the use of Kordon pH Protector products are recommended.
NovAqua Plus detoxifies heavy metals that can be toxic to many aquatic organisms.
- NovAqua Plus detoxifies heavy metals that can be toxic to many aquatic organisms. Toxic metal ions in water can come from various sources, including public water utilities, home and commercial plumbing, medications, decorations and metal objects placed in the aquarium or pond, well water, etc. It is essential to detoxify heavy metals in the water supply for the fish to survive. The detoxifying capability of NovAqua Plus precipitates the metal ions into harmless compounds, rather than chelating them. NovAqua Plus forms a unique insoluble, polymeric salt with heavy metals that is stable under conditions of both high and low pH. This is a notable advantage over other products that rely strictly upon the chelation process. Such chelates are unstable, pH dependent, and can exchange their "bound" metal ion for another, releasing toxic ions into the water.
- While tap water is acceptable to us and to pet animals (such as mammals -- dogs cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. -- and birds) as well as to farm animals, tap water varying in extent from source to source is toxic to fishes and other aquatic life. This is particularly true for the heavy metals that it contains from the metal and plastic pipes that it goes through before it reaches you. One of the important functions of NovAqua Plus is to eliminate -- or at least greatly reduce -- heavy metals in the water.
- One of the most toxic of heavy metals to fishes is copper, a common ingredient in tap water. NovAqua Plus is capable per dose of precipitating up to 1.17 ppm free copper ions (Cu++) from solution. When copper is present in the tap water or when copper medications are used, the copper ions can combine with glass, plastic, rock, gravel, and other objects and remain indefinitely in this state. Variations in pH (acidity/alkalinity) may cause the copper to come back into solution and be toxic to fishes and invertebrates. NovAqua Plus permanently detoxifies copper and can be used to eliminate copper ion medications after their use as a treatment is completed.
NovAqua Plus increases available electrolytes.
- Certain kinds and levels of electrolytes are necessary in the water for fishes and aquatic invertebrates to breathe through their gills. NovAqua Plus contains these elements (cations and anions) in the amounts that fishes and aquatic invertebrates require.
- Marine fishes and invertebrates obtain their required ions by "drinking seawater". However, freshwater fishes and invertebrates do not have this capability. Freshwater fishes selectively remove required ions from water via the gills. The need for certain ions is increased during times of stress. NovAqua Plus provides the electrolytes needed during periods of damage and shock in freshwater fishes. Also, NovAqua Plus allows the use of bottled drinking water for aquarium use, that otherwise would be too deficient in ionic mineral content for the fishes and aquatic invertebrates to survive satisfactorily. NovAqua Plus should be used when using RO (Reverse Osmosis) water, because efficient RO systems take out too much of the mineral/electrolyte content of the water for fish and invertebrates to remain healthy.
NovAqua Plus provides beneficial organic herbals and vitamins. A unique new function of NovAqua Plus is in its use of herbals and vitamins. More and more is becoming known in scientific aquaculture about the value of specific soluble herbals and vitamins for improving the health and immunity of fishes and invertebrates. Kordon is now applying this knowledge in aquarium and pond keeping.
NovAqua Plus contains herbals and vitamins that are soluble in water and absorbed by fishes and invertebrates; these have been recently accepted to be effective for their health and immunity.
- For examples, the vitamins used in NovAqua Plus are capable of boosting disease-resisting immune functions, healing open wounds and sores, slowing the spread of infection, and promoting cellular regeneration such as in the formation of blood cells, etc. Echinaceas are in NovAqua Plus for improving phagocytosis and as immune stimulators to help the fishes and invertebrates rid themselves of microbial infections both viral and bacteria, as well as tumors.
NovAqua Plus enhances biofiltration in new aquariums and ponds. It does this by coating the filter media with a slime coat that aids nitrifying bacteria in forming colonies, and in being more effective in carrying out biological filtration.
NovAqua Plus reduces toxicity of nitrite. NovAqua Plus's special electrolytes help reduce the toxic effects of nitrite in the water by blocking the uptake of nitrite by the animal. For extensive removal of toxic nitrites in the water, use Kordon's AmQuel Plus.
NovAqua Plus removes iodine. When using iodine as a treatment, its effect can be reduced or eliminated by using NovAqua Plus.
>NovAqua Plus works with all filters, aerators, and protein skimmers. There is no interference between NovAqua Plus and all types of filters, protein skimmers, and aerators.
* NovAqua Plus should be used when using well water or other natural water source, because they can vary greatly in quality, which is brought into proper balance for fishes and invertebrates by NovAqua Plus.
Novaqua Plus Features at a Glance:
- NovAqua Plus Is A Best Quality Water Conditioner For All Water Sources
- Removes Heavy Metals From Tap Water
- Dismantles Chloramines InTap Water
- Removes All Chlorine From Tap Water
- Provides Protective Slime Coatings To Fishes
- Is Compatible With All Of Kordon's Water Conditioners and Fish Treatments
- Phosphate free
- Made in U.S.A.
| NovAqua Plus is a unique liquid combination of electrolytes, inorganic salts, buffering system, reducing agents (dechlorinators), synthetic polymers, vitamins, product stabilizers, Edetates for heavy metals removal, and organic herbal extracts containing polysaccharides, alkylamides, and phenolics -- all of which variously produce highly desirable results in freshwater and marine systems for keeping fishes, invertebrates and plants alive and healthy. None of the NovAqua products, now or in the past, contain any phosphates || |
| Standard doses for regular (aquarium) NovAqua Plus: Use 10 drops per gallon, or 1 teaspoon (approximately 5 ml) per 10 gallons of water, or 1 tablespoon (approx. 15 ml) per 30 gallons of water, or 1 fl oz for 60 gallons. |
When used at the recommended standard dose, 4 ounces of regular NovAqua Plus will treat 240 gallons of water, 1 gallon of regular NovAqua Plus will treat 7,680 gallons of water, 5 gallons of regular NovAqua Plus will treat 38,400 gallons of water.